We are probably using all types of faucets and showers in our day to life but do we really know the definition or types of faucets and showers we use? Most of us will surely not know that and that's why www.homeekart.com will take a step ahead in helping you know them well so that you can easily decide which product to buy and where will it fit well.
There are too many types of faucets to confuse us but we are going to discuss according to Indian standards.
We will also discuss about their usage type and standard size so that you are confident before buying the products online.
Yes, we will definitely not forget to discuss about the best brands you can opt for while buying online.
Lets start with the most common types of faucets:
- Bib Cock: A tap with a bent nozzle fixed at the end of a pipe. This is definitely there in all houses and offices in India and used on daily basis. This is commonly used in bathrooms, open areas, common washroom, and also in kitchen at times. The standard size of the connecting point is 15MM in India and remains fixed.
- Long Body Bib Cock: A tap with a bent nozzle fixed at the end of a pipe with an extra length of the nozzle to give more space between wall and the water drop point of bib cock. The only difference between bib cock and long body bib cock is its nozzle's length. Its kept this way to give more gap between the wall and the drop point so that filling a wide bucket or washing utensils or cloths becomes easy. It also has a standard size of 15MM.
- Two Way Bib Cock: Two way bib is a modern creation to give you a flexibility to connect health faucet or hand shower or even connection point for wash basin along with standard operating bib cock. They are widely used to avoid an extra angle cock to connect health faucet alongside the wall hung or .
- Pillar Cock: Pillar cocks are used for wash basins only. There are various types of pillar cocks but we are talking about only standard pillar cock as shown in the picture below. The standard size remains 15MM standard across India.
- Basin Mixers: Basin mixers are the type of basin faucets which gives provision for both and hot water supply. They can be available in two types again. First one is 2 lever basin mixer and the second one is single lever basin mixer. 2 lever basin mixer operates with two different handles and single lever basin mixer can be operated with only one lever. Price wise single lever basin mixers are more expensive. Standard size of the connection points is 15MM.
- Wall Mixers: Wall mixers are only used in the bathroom which has a provision for both hot and cold water. It has 3 separate levers to control the water flow in spout and shower. This is widely used in all new constructions in India and worldwide nowadays.
- Diverter Valves: They are an alternative for wall mixers and comes in many variant. The latest design from this industry is revolutionized and easy to use. The primary reason for using diverter valves is to avoid using bulky wall mixers and operate the same functions using just one lever. Through that lever you can operate both shower and spout. The size of the valve is 1 Inch in standard which is 25MM.
- Metropole: Metropol's are basically a modernized flush cock used for toilets by just pressing the valve. They are widely used in public places like malls, theaters, hospitals etc. Nowadays people also prefer to use them in their houses because its easy to operate.
- Flush Cocks: Flush cocks are the replacements of flush tanks. To avoid the bulky flush tanks in the bathroom, these flush cocks are used which gives more space in the bathroom and makes it look more elegant.
- Conceal Cocks: This product is used for operating showers. Its a single function product and cannot be used for any other purpose. So buy wisely :). The standard size for conceal cock is 19MM or 25MM. You can choose which size you want and ask with an expert anytime or your plumber.
- Angular Cock: This products is used at multiple places. General purpose is to connect the pipes for health faucet, hand shower, wash basin connected and geyser connection. In an average a standard bathroom needs 2 to 4 angle cocks depending on what they are planning to install. The standard size is 15MM.
- Sink Faucets and Mixers: This type of products are used for sink and kitchen area in specific. We are completely aware of kitchen tap but in online language its called as sink faucet and mixer. There are two types of sink faucets. 1st one is regular sink faucet which comes in swinging spout and single lever and the 2nd one is sink mixer which has a provision for hot and cold water. The standard size of the connection point is 15MM only. You can check the difference from the images below.
- Spout: Spout is a single non mechanical operating faucet which is only used for water supply without having any knob or handle on it. However, there are spouts available which has provision for hand shower connections as shown in the picture below. The standard size is again 15MM and common across India.
Please do let us know if we have missed out on something and we will be happy to give you information regarding that.
As we spoke about faucets, we will also give some helpful information about showers.
Showers are basically of two types. Overhead shower and rain shower. The purpose is the same but the only difference that separates them with their name is their size.
Overhead showers are small in size and usually works better with less water pressure however the rain showers are bigger in size starting from 6 Inch and can go upto 36 Inch in diameter or radius.
Now talking about the brands, we have list of brands that you already know and trust and many new comers are there in the market whom you can trust too in terms of quality and after sales service.
You will have hundreds of varieties from Jaquar, Hindware, Parryware, Cera, ESSESS, Kohler, TOTO, Plumber, Hansgrohe and Grohe but some of the economical brands such as Goldline, continental, Blues etc are also making their mark in the market. These brands have wide range of collection such as bathroom accessories, taps, faucets and fittings, sanitaryware and much more.
For any information you need feel free to visit www.homeekart.com and email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Blog by Sunil Patel. Copyright